Enrolment and Subsistence

Who can apply

  • For the applicants that have a foreign University degree, the fulfilment of the entrance requirements is evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the Telecommunications Engineering Board ("Consiglio di Corso di Laurea in Ingegneria delle Telecomunicazioni").

How to apply

Enrolments are usually open between July and November each year, with an extension up to December (subject to the payment of an extra fee). To check for the correct dates, please visit the website of the University.

For international students, please check also all the general information regarding the enrolment procedures at UNIBO (general rules, tuition fees).

Tuition fees

Information regarding tuition fees and deadlines for payments can be found here.

The University of Bologna provides extra financial support to the international programmes. As for CN2S, part of the funds will be used to support the Students who pass the exams timely and reach a sufficiently high ranking in the examinations. Such a support is not exclusive, namely, it may be added to other possible fee reductions or scholarships granted by the University of Bologna according to its general regulations.

How to apply for a residence permit in Italy

Under Italian law, every foreigner in Italy is considered to be either a tourist or a resident. As a rule, a tourist is a foreigner staying in Italy for less than three months. A resident is anyone who plans to stay in Italy for more than three months. Residents coming from non-EU countries require a permit. The University of Bologna provides assistance for non-EU students in the procedure to obtain the residence permit ("permesso di soggiorno"). Contact the tutor of the programme if you need further information.


All the general administrative rules can be found in the statute of the Telecommunications programme.